It seems Jack Frost forgot us this year. The Seattle-area northwest is the warmest it’s been for quite some time. With all this warm weather, it give us time to not only enjoy the relative warmth, but also to go out and look at houses or spruce up the yard for those that are selling!
If You’re Selling
Pick up those sticks and sweep/pressure wash that walkway! Yes, it’s not spring yet but all this warm weather means potential buyers are out looking. So here are some things you can do to get your home looking its best, before spring arrives!
- Prune The Trees – Without all the leaves and feathered branches in the way, pruning becomes easier. Pruning and shaping your plants will keep the place looking uniform and less unkempt.
- Pick Up Leaves – This includes not only leaves from trees but also any flowering plants whose leaves wilt and die during the winter.
- Pressure Wash/Sweep the walkways – Over the winter, rain causes muck and grime to build up on your walkways. The best way to remedy this is to pressure wash the area clean making it look new. The alternative is to sweep off winter debris.
- Start Spring Cleaning Early – Grumble grumble… yes it’s “technically” still winter, but why wait for Spring when we’re given such lovely weather! (I bet in week we’ll get -20 below weather… knock on wood). Safely throw away or recycle unnecessary documents, tools, or anything that no longer is needed.
- Enjoy The Day! – It’s great weather, go out and have some fun.
If You’re Buying
The weather at the moment provides a great time to go out and start looking. But keep in mind, it’s still winter so the trees won’t be in bloom and the plant-life is still waiting for April. However, the lack of foliage can give you a good idea of what kinds of plants and landscaping you may like to have, how you would want it to look. This is a great time to see the homes and landscaping in their silent form. Don’t miss this opportunity to enjoy the weather and sight see!